Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

10 Random Awesome things

It's Wednesday, Hump Day, Middle of the Road Day. And because today feel like being an optimist, I'm going to post 10 random things that I love, in no particular order.

10. Hot guys who love animals.



9. SNL Digital Shorts, especially this one:



Jovi Punch!!!


8. Reading on the Porch



I don't know if it's the weather, the subtle night noises, or what, but reading on the porch, particularly at night, is one of the most peaceful and relaxing things I can do, and is vital to my state of mind. It's also a little fun when I'm reading Stephen King and I hear a random spooky noise, launching my imagination into the land of shambling zombies, grinning devils, or vengeful spirits.

7. Lark Street, Albany



Whether it's the bars, food, people, bands, aesthetic, festivals...Lark Street just rocks. Most of the bars are pubs, which is just right for me. The food ranges from greasy-spoon to fine dining to ethnic, and the people are colorful and among the most diverse and friendly anywhere. The patios are the best places to people-watch. Larkest, Winter WonderLark and Tulip Fest keep things interesting, though venture out on any given Saturday night, and you'll see what I mean.

6. Lemon Sorbet



So refreshing, so zesty. Yum.

5. Premium Channel Shows



While some people think these shows are little more than boobs and F-bombs, I love them. It is some of the greatest escapism that you can possibly experience, next to getting lost in a good book. Often they end too soon (the Tudors), but they never fail to capture me and take me away.

4. Video Games



I will never outgrow them. You can ask me again when I'm 80 and I'm sure I'll say the same thing.

3. Horror Movies



Oooh, I love a good scary movie. I love suspense and creeper thrills, not so much the gratuitous gore and in-your-face violence. The trouble is, so many of them don't live up to my expectations. A really good one is definitely hard to find these days. Some of my favorite horror movies of more recent years include The Strangers, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Descent, and the Conjuring. The Strangers freaked me out so much that hubby showed me how to load a gun.

2. Cicada Days



I think cicadas are ugly, so I posted this Feodor Vasilyev painting called "Hot Summer Day" instead. However, I love cicadas. They're chirruping and droning calls are iconic to me when it comes to those hot, late summer days of August. It reminds me of being a kid, and running around barefoot in the grass, only the grass was starting to die of thirst, so sometimes it would poke my feet. The nostalgia is sometimes pretty intense. I don't really understand why the nostalgia is so strong with cicadas, as I've been listening to them every year for my whole life, but it is.

1. When Cats Watch Birds


They go insane. It's hilarious.

Alright folks. Those are 10 random things that I love. What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment